When it comes to games, nothing beats the experience of playing through high-quality audio. Whether you’re an avid video game fan or you just enjoy listening to music during your break, owning your own good set of speakers is essential. If you’re looking for your gaming experience, then you need to know how to connect Bluetooth to your PS4 for a truly immersive experience. For this purpose, in this article, we will explain how Bluetooth Speakers Work With PS4. Follow along with us.
What are Bluetooth Speakers?
A Bluetooth speaker is a small and portable device that allows you to listen to music and audiobooks wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Additionally, you can use them to play videos or answer calls. Bluetooth speakers are usually connected to your device with a cable, but some models have a wireless connection that allows you to move them around easily. There are three main types of Bluetooth speakers: wired, wireless, and portable. Wired Bluetooth speakers need to be connected to an external power source such as a power source or outlet, while wireless and portable Bluetooth speakers that work with batteries typically last about 20 to 24 hours. Next, let’s discuss how Bluetooth Speakers Work With PS4.
How do Bluetooth Speakers Work With PS4?
Using an Optical Audio Cable
- Step 1: First purchase an optical audio cable. These cables have a little jack in the center of a hexagonal plastic mouth. They are typically available on Amazon or in retail establishments’ tech sections.
- Step 2: After that, connect the audio cable’s other end to the speaker’s optical port. Like the tip of an optical audio cable, the port looks like it. This port is located on the rear of the main speaker. You can buy an optical adapter if your speakers don’t have an optical port. For instance, to connect the fiber to the conventional red and white (analog stereo) speaker connections, you would utilize an optical to RCA converter.
- Step 3: Plug the other end of the cable into the PS4’s optical port. This port is located on the leftmost side of the PS4’s back.
- Step 4: Finally, turn on your PS4. You should be able to listen to music from your PS4 through the speakers after a few seconds. If you can’t hear anything, try adjusting the speaker volume until it’s clear.
- Step 1: Purchase an auxiliary cable that is an Aux cable also known as a 3.5mm male-female cable, which is an audio cable with a headphone jack on each end. If you already have this cable, skip it and go to the next step.
- Step 2: Proceed to plug the auxiliary cable into the headset. You will usually find this port very easily on one of the sides of the headset.
- Step 3: Next, plug the other end of the cable into your controller. The headset port on your PS4 controller is located on the back of the controller, between the two controllers.
Turn on the PS4 controller to connect. At any PS4 will ask who you are using. Select an account and then press X. This will help you sign in to your PS4.
- Step 4: Scroll up to reveal the PS4 menu bar. To the far right of the menu bar select Settings. Then select Device. Select the section Audio devices. Select Output to Headphones.
- Step 5: Finally, select All Sounds. This will ensure that all audio played on your PS4 comes through the headphone jack and not through the TV’s speakers. Audio from any media viewed on PS4 will now play through the cable, thus using your headphones as the output point.
Using an Audio Extractor
- Step 1: Get a sound extractor. In addition to audio out port for optical, 3.5mm stereo, or RCA audio cables, audio extractors generally contain two HDMI connectors on opposite sides. Audio splitters are available online and at some tech stores.
- Step 2: Purchase an audio cable to connect your speakers and extractor. The audio output of the extractor and the audio input of the speaker must be compatible with this cable. Purchase a second HDMI cable next. You already have an HDMI cable for your TV that came with your PS4, but you’ll also need one to connect the audio extractor to the TV.
- Step 3: Plug the PS4 into the audio decompressor with the first HDMI cable. Then plug the audio extractor into the TV with the second HDMI cable. Proceed to Plug the audio extractor into the speaker using an audio cable. The audio cable will connect from the extractor’s audio output to the speaker’s audio input.
- Step 4: Turn on your PS4 controller. You’ll be able to play music from your PS4 through the speakers in a few seconds. Adjust the speaker volume to your liking.
Using a Wireless Speaker
- Step 1: First purchase an auxiliary cable. Unfortunately, Sony does not allow you to hardwire your speakers to your PS4 using Bluetooth. However, you can hardwire your speakers using a 3.5mm audio cable (commonly known as an aux cable).
- Step 2: The speaker should now be connected to your PS4 controller. The 3.5mm cable should be plugged into both the “Audio In” connector on the back of your Bluetooth speaker and the headphone jack on the back of your PS4 controller.
- Step 3: Turn on your PS4 and do the login. To start the PS4 and choose your profile, press the PS button on your synced PS4 controller.
- Step 4: Scroll up the menu bar, then scroll right to select the Settings icon. Scroll down and select Devices. Select Audio Device then select Output Device. Select Headset Connected to Controller. You will find it on the right side of the screen. Select Output to Headphones.
- Step 5: Finally select All Sounds. The screen’s upper right corner contains this choice. Doing so ensures that all sound from your PS4 will be output through your controller, which means it will go through the connected speakers.
- Step 6: Press the power button to turn on your speaker. At this point, you’ll hear sound coming from the speakers as you scroll through the PS4 menu or the music plays. If you disconnect the speakers from the controller, you’ll hear the sound return to the PS4’s main speakers such as the TV speakers.
To conclude, in this article we have shown 4 ways to Bluetooth Speakers Work With PS4. If you are looking to enhance your gaming experience, then you need to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your PS4 for a truly satisfying experience. By following this guide, you can learn how Bluetooth speakers work with PS4. How is a PS4 connected to a Bluetooth speaker? We’d be thrilled to hear from you.