Nowadays, many people are searching for How to connect Speaker to a Monitor. Although speakers can be connected directly to a monitor, not all TVs or computers can. Some monitors often have built-in speakers or an audio out that allows you to enjoy the full sound of songs and movies from your monitor.
However, if you don’t have them available on your monitor connect your speakers to the audio cable you want with options like HDMI, RCA or 3.5mm audio cable. The 3.5mm audio cable is the most common because it’s handy with 2 plugs for headphones and a speaker.
Although connecting speakers to a monitor is not recommended, there are ways for you to choose from to suit what you have. We will introduce you How to connect Speaker to a Monitor which may interest you. First, we’d like to start with testing your computer’s built-in speakers.
Test your monitor’s built-in speakers
Each monitor usually has built-in speakers, or if your monitor doesn’t, you can use external speakers. And connecting speakers to a monitor can be a daunting task. So, how do you know if your monitor has built-in speakers?
Simply put, you just need to see if the edges of your screen have holes. Often monitors with built-in speakers have larger holes than normal monitors. Also, you can check the audio input jack on your monitor and don’t confuse the audio input jack with the audio output jack.
However, based on these manual methods, if you are still not sure if your monitor has built-in speakers, you should rely on the specifications. You can check the model of your monitor on the back of the monitor. Next, visit the manufacturer’s website and check the specifications to see if your monitor has built-in speakers.
1. How to connect Speaker to a Monitor with HDMI
Here’s how to connect a speaker to a monitor using an HDMI cable whether your speaker is a normal speaker or a built-in speaker.
a. How to connect speaker to a monitor using an HDMI cable
If your monitor doesn’t have built-in speakers and has an audio output jack, try using an HDMI cable and an AUX cable to connect the speaker to the monitor.
- First of all, you must prepare one HDMI cable and one AUX cable.
- Connect the HDMI cable’s other end to the monitor and the other end to the game console or computer.
- One end of the AUX cable should be connected to the speakerphone, and the other end should be connected to the output jack on the display.
After completing the steps correctly, you will easily enjoy the sound of the external speakers through your monitor.
b. How to connect the built-in speaker to the monitor using an HDMI cable
After checking and you know your monitor has built-in speakers, you can connect them together with just an HDMI cable. One end of the HDMI cable should be connected to your gaming console, Blu-ray player, or computer, and the other end should be connected to your monitor.
With just a few simple movements, you can hear the sound coming from the monitor’s built-in speakers.
2. How to connect Speaker to a Monitor with 3.5 mm Audio Cable
Depending on the audio cable you have and the monitor you’re using, there are different ways to make this connection. If you have a 3.5mm audio cable and your monitor has an audio input port, this is a good connection choice.
You simply plug the audio cable into the monitor (the cable has two plugs including one for microphone input and one for headphone output). Attach the audio cable’s plug to the matching port on your computer. Ensure that the speakers on your computer are set to output sound to the monitor and not the built-in speakers on your laptop.
On the other hand, if your monitor doesn’t have an audio input port but does have a headphone jack, plug the 3.5mm audio cable into the headphone jack and then enable the headphone output on the monitor. This lets you listen to audio through headphones that are plugged into the back of the monitor.
3. How to connect Speaker to a Monitor with a USB Audio Card
To play audio through the display using a USB audio card, you need to do the following steps:
- Connect the USB sound card to the display. Once connected, open your computer’s Control Panel and find the “Sound” icon and then click it.
- Select the “Playback” tab and in it you’ll see all the devices currently used for audio playback on your device.
- To set your USB sound card as the default device for playback, click it and then click the “Set As Default Device” button. Then your USB sound card will appear in ”Device Name”.
- In the ”Recording” tab, right click on your USB sound card and select “Enable”.
- Under the playback tab, just below ”Playback Devices”, you should see “This device is working properly”.
- Then you click the ”Levels” tab, you will see “USB Audio CODEC” listed under Recording, and “Stereo Mix” listed under Playback. And make sure both are set to maximum volume.
- Click ”OK” to save your changes. You can now close the “Playback Devices” window.
4. How to connect Speaker to a Monitor with Bluetooth or Bluetooth Adapter
If your computer has a built-in Bluetooth adapter, you can connect your computer to the monitor wirelessly. If your computer doesn’t have a built-in Bluetooth adapter, you can purchase an external Bluetooth adapter and connect it to your computer.
- Open your device’s screen and click the “Action Center” button on the taskbar’s notification area (you can press the Windows + A keyboard shortcut to do it faster).
- Next, go to the “Quick Connections” area and then click the “Connect” button, you will get a list of all enabled devices.
- Here, click on your wireless display or audio device from the list and it will automatically pair.
If you go to “Devices” and don’t see the Bluetooth section, there may be a problem with your Bluetooth driver. Right click on the “Start” button and go to your “Device Manager” to make sure the Bluetooth driver is there and installed correctly.
Once the computer is connected wirelessly to the monitor or through an external adapter, you can play audio through the display using the Bluetooth connection.
We have provided you the article on How to connect Speaker to a Monitor. Please choose one of the 4 ways above to connect Speaker to a Monitor yourself. We hope you can successfully connect and enjoy the wonderful sound coming from your screen. Thanks for visiting our website.