8 Effective Ways To Increase Bass On Airpods: For a long time, Apple’s Airpods have been very popular for their convenience and sound quality, especially the Airpods-pro series. However, some users have a bad experience with the Airpods’ bass (or no bass at all), poor noise handling, and some other issues with the overall sound quality. To limit these problems, the article will give you 8 solutions to improve the bass quality of your Airpods, providing a great experience when using the Airpods.
1. Update New Version For Your Airpods To Increase Bass On Airpods
To keep the bass in great condition, the first way in 8 effective ways to increase bass on Airpods you need to do is to make sure it’s updated to the latest version. Apple often releases new updates to increase bass on Airpods. Since this is an automatic update program, you may not realize it, but you can set up your Airpod to manually check for program updates. Here’s how to update the program for your Airpods.
- Make sure your Airpods are in their case;
- Plug in the charger for the Airpod charging care;
- Make sure your iPhone already has internet or 4G/ 5G;
- Make sure your Airpods are within close range or connect your iPhone;
Your AirPods will automatically update and depending on the update, the bass quality will improve.
2. Enable Bass Booster To Increase Bass On Airpods
A simple way to increase the bass on Airpods is to enable the ‘Bass Boost’ feature on the device connected to your Airpods (iPhone). However, this only works with native music apps. If you’re using Spotify or other music streaming apps, there shouldn’t be a noticeable difference. Steps to enable the ‘bass boost’ feature include:
- On the app of your iPhone, Open the ‘Settings’ (or another connected device)
- Select the ‘Music’ section
- Scroll down to the ‘Playback’ section
- Go to ‘EQ’ settings and tap on it
- Select ‘Bass Booster’
3. Disable Active Noise Cancellation To Increase Bass On Airpods
Unexpectedly, this is one of the effective methods of enhancing bass quality. A lot of people assume that Active Noise Cancellation enhances sound quality, but it reduces bass, due to Apple’s EQ intense audio processing. Turning off Active Noise Cancellation makes the bass much richer, although you’ll hear a lot of ambient noise. To enhance Active Noise Cancellation, please follow these steps:
- Open the ‘Control Center’ of your iPhone (or another connected device);
- Touch and hold the volume control bar until you see additional controls;
- In the bottom-left corner, select the ‘Noise Control’ icon;
- From ‘Noise Control’ ‘Transparency’ or ‘Off’ make sure to disable ‘Off’
4. Adjust EQ For Your Airpods Pro To Increase Bass On Airpods
To be able to enjoy the bass in the best way and to increase bass on Airpods. You need to adjust the sound level to suit you. Using a custom sound setup is a great solution for your personal music experience. Here’s how to adjust your Airpods EQ on your iPhone:
- Open ‘Settings’ app on your iPhone (or another connected device);
- Select ‘Accessibility’;
- Scroll down to ‘Audio/Picture’ to find the equalizer slider;
- Find ‘Adaptive headphones’; and select ‘Set up custom sounds’;
- Follow all the instructions presented, then tap on ‘Use Custom Settings’ to implement your selections.
5. Turn Off Or Adjust Spatial Audio To Increase Bass On Airpods
This feature provides a great experience when watching movies, but when listening to music it will reduce the sound quality. Some tracks have noise and loss of sound when played back with Spatial Audio. So to increase bass on Airpods
To turn off Spatial Sound:
- Open Control Center by swiping from the top right corner on your iPhone or swiping up from the bottom of the screen if your iPhone has a Home button;
- Long press the volume bar to show the Airpods icon.
- Toggle the Spatial Audio or Spatialize Stereo button that appears in the lower right corner.
6. Modify The EQ For Your Music App To Increase Bass On Airpods
Depending on the music streaming app you’re using, you can set the app’s sound adjustment settings to improve the bass quality of your Airpod. Here’s how to adjust with two music streaming apps, Apple Music and Spotify.
To adjust EQ in Apple Music
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your iPhone;
- Select ‘Music’;
- Select EQ from the list;
- Select the EQ you want.
To adjust EQ in Spotify
- Open the Spotify app;
- From the ‘Home‘ tab, tap the ‘Settings’ icon;
- Select ‘Playback’>’Equalizer’;
- Check out the presets to see what sounds best for you;
- Alternatively, you can adjust the EQ by dragging the slider at the top of the screen.
7. Ensure The Perfect Fit Of Airpods To Increase Bass On Airpods
If you still hear noises outside sounds or poor bass quality. The cause may be that the headset does not fit your ears properly. Changing the fit can make a big difference in the bass experience. To handle this problem, using memory foam ear tips will be the best method for you. Memory foam has a soft texture and can memorize and adjust the shape according to your ear size giving you better comfort and sound quality when using. LICHIFIT memory foam ear tips.
8. Regularly Clean Airpods To Increase Bass On Airpods
A lot of people don’t take regular Airpods cleaning seriously even though it’s the obvious thing to do to increase bass on Airpods. Cleaning the headphones will greatly improve the sound quality, it helps to remove dirt and bacteria that accumulate over a long period of time so that the bass becomes louder and clearer. To properly clean the Airpods, use a cotton swab and isopropyl alcohol solution instead of water to clean as water can damage the internal components. Remove the ear tips and carefully remove the dirt and debris inside. Use a cotton swab dipped in an isopropyl alcohol solution to clean the inside of the ear tips and the outside of the case.
The 8 effective ways to increase the bass on Airpods we listed above will help you improve the sound quality on your Airpods. Obviously, this can cost you a considerable amount for a better experience. This is not all you need to improve the bass in your AirPods, as an Aipod owner make sure you learn the tips to get the best out of them.